Sunday, November 7, 2010

Hello and sorry

Hello to all those who read my little blog. I am sorry I haven't posted much. I have been pretty busy. Mostly with school stuff. Plus I am just kinda boring.

I think that my mom is going to be moving here to Nevada soonish. She currently lives in Louisiana where I am from. I think she has got that moving bug up her ass again. You see, my mom has always been a bit of a gypsy. When I was younger we were always moving somewhere new. I have lived all over the US. Not because of a job or anthing interesting other than the fact my mom is kinda crazy. She doesn't really like staying in one place for too long. You can see that from constant moving...
I HATE MOVING!

My idea is to move to one place...stay there...and just travel, always having a homebase to go back to. Not my mom! I was born and lived all over North Carolina. In my youth I have lived in different areas all over these states: Florida, Maryland, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Louisiana, and Washington D.C.(I know its not really as state)! I have been to almost all of the 50 states! I claim Louisiana as where I am from, because thats where we lived the longest. Back in the day, right before I started High School, I made a demand that I would go to the same school for all four years. Well, I did get what I asked for. However, I should have said that we won't move in those four years. We did three times. All in the same area but three times, none the less! Well, my mom has been back in Louisiana for around 5 years I think(I can never keep up) and she has been telling me that she was looking at places in North Carolina (where my little brother currently resides) to move to again.

After a few of our chats recently my mom has changed her mind...she is making plans to move here to Nevada. I think its great. My mom is a little batty though! I love her to death but she always has been! Now here is the amusing part. I...am...not...my mom's...favorite! She loves me very much and we have great chats and get along wonderfully. My mom just dotes on my little brother. I have always wanted my mom's attention but never completely had it. My brother on the other hand, has always had it. I have had to live in the shadow of my little brother for as long as I can remember. I didn't mind all that much, because I myself adore my brother too! I just wanted the same attention he got. It was a mild jealousy, not at all destructive jealousy in any way, but I just wanted what he had!

Now I know this sounds like I am bitching that I never got enough attention when I was a kid. Trust me, it's not! I came to accept it long ago, that my brother was the favorite of both my parents. He absolutely hates being the favorite and would trade places with me in a heartbeat! My brother and I are total opposites as well. We get along but we are just different people. He is uptight, serious, introverted, little to no sense of humor, SUPER GENIUS, SUPER TALENTED, tall, stoic, very set in his ways kind of guy. I, on the other hand, am fun, funny, funniest, cheerful, chatty, average intellect, friendly, extroverted, short, open-minded kind of guy. I am also the better looking one! Not being conceited...just truthful. My mom well never admit that my bro is her favorite. She says "I don't play favorites...I love you both equally!" I know that! But a lot of parents do play favorites whether they realize it or not!

So back to my mom moving here. I think it would be great. I have not seen my mom now in over 8 years. I know that is a looooong time to go without seeing your mother. But I have my reasons.
One: The last time I saw my mom or brother was when my ex-wife and I got married over eight years ago. I haven't seen my dad in over 10 years(we don't get along very well anyways). Well I don't talk about my ex-wife very often but I will just say that when we were married I was kept on a tight leash. I wasn't allowed to have friends or money and I had to give it all to her. Not because I had proven to be bad with either but more that she was very insecure and possessive! I was not allowed to go visit my mom or brother or dad or anybody else. If I wanted to see them they could come to us 2500 + miles away. If they were to come they couldn't stay in our house(because our guest room was reserved for her family only), so they would have to rent a hotel room and would have designated visiting hours(since I was apparently a prisoner). Can you see some of the reasons why I did not stay with this woman?
Two: After my ex-wife and I went our separate ways I just never seemed to have enough money or time to go and visit anyone. And of course everybody else was broke, so they couldn't visit me either.

The idea of my mom living near me is exciting...and frightening at the same time. My mom loves Lorin to death, even though they have never met. They have chatted on the phone or internet and seem to like each other just fine. My mom and I get along...well...because we are very similar! My brother merely tolerates my dad and vice versa because they are very similar! Neither dad nor my bro really tolerate me or my mom because we are total opposites. Mom and I love my dad and little bro very much and get confused when they don't like us! You see...my mom and I are nuts! I am just a lighter version of my mom and my brother is a lighter version of my dad! That is the insanity of my family. I know its not as bad as others and I don't claim it to be. All in all, I would say that we are strangely normal!

So I guess we will see what happens here in the next few months.
The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment