Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Internet..down again!

So for the past two days our internet has been down. It will be fixed tommorrow, but it is just a pain in the neck to have to wait.

We have only had this internet service provider for a few weeks, so I do expect there to be some bugs to be worked out. I will say, when it is working it is soo much better than who we had before. The speed is good and I don't have to keep unplugging and plugging back in the modem. Such a relief! The company did a diagnostic from their office but it appears to be a problem that needs to be fixed at our house. OK...pain in the ass but still better than what we had!

The only reason I am able to blog is because in my "man cave" also known as...our garage, I am able to get a signal from one of our neighbors wireless connection. So I am temporarily stealing internet service. I discovered this connection from the many times our previous internet providers services would go down for days and sometimes weeks at a time, for no reason at all. It is sort of my back-up internet service. Its not a very strong signal and I do have to occasionally repair the connection, but eh...it'll do!

2 comments:

  1. “it appears to be a problem that needs to be fixed at our house”

    While that may be perfectly true in this case, broadband companies will always say that regardless. The operators tend not to deviate from their answering sheets, which is why I finally ended up hearing my lost connection was all their fault on BBC NEWS, when they kept insisting I was the problem.

    ReplyDelete