Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Turkey Day!


Well it's now Thanksgiving Day here in the USA. So I am doing my usual up all night cook-a-thon! For like...3 people! Me, Lorin, and Erin(Lorin's little sis) are all here to have Thanksgiving tommorrow or later today seeing as how it is 1:15am.

So here is what I do. I spend all night the night before prepping everything for the big day. I cook some things like hard-boiled eggs(for the deviled eggs), I get the potatoes peeled and cut(mashed potatoes), I soak the turkey in juices overnight, I chop up whatever vegetables that need to be, so that wait the cooking for turkey day doesn't take as long! The other stuff really has no need to be prepped, most of it is usually very easy and does not require too much special attention. So that is what I will be doing for the next few hours. Then off to bed only to get up in the morning to get my cookin' on!



So have a Happy Thanksgiving Day!

4 comments:

  1. I wish we had Thanksgiving over here. One turkey a year just doesn't do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinner sounds great! Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Drake. One turkey a year isn't enough!

    Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drake and Hazel- Sorry ya'll only have turkey once a year. We have it scheduled in the twice here in the States. Although I try to have turkey on non-special occasions too! There is just something about a turkey roasting in the oven and the smell filling the house. Yum...Tasty! I hope ya'll have a good day though!

    Belle- Why thank you very much. I know in Canada Thanksgiving was last month, so I will just say happy belated Thanksgiving to you too!

    ReplyDelete