Friday, October 29, 2010

Television 2...

Well as I stated in my previous post. My television picks are continued. Most of the shows on this post are great shows but the rewatch value is not so good. There are many that you just watch the one season and move on to the next. Don't get me wrong I like the shows very much but there is just something about some of them that rewatching would just get boring. Yes we do own all of these shows and all the seasons. Some of them would've been better just to rent but thats ok since we purchased the DVD's we just loan 'em out so others can enjoy them as Lorin and I have.

7) NCIS



Now I do especially love the characters of this show. My favorite is Gibbs. Old Marine guy...hmmm....I wonder why I like him??? The rest of the cast absolutely clicks so well together. Season 3 is still my favorite of all of the seasons. This is one of those that is so great but rewatch value not so much!



8) Weeds



Now this is a show that really surprised me. I wasn't sure I was going to like it. Its not my usual cup of tea. I really do enjoy it and it makes me laugh. Sadly the rewatch not so good.


9) Outerlimits(New and Old)



This is a show that I have always loved. The old series used to give me goosebumps and was just so interesting. The new series really surpassed old series. What I liked about it was that it was an anthem. So it didn't matter if you missed previous episodes because every episode was like a miniature scifi movie. Another BIG reason that I loved the new series was that at the beginning and the end of each episode there was a moral lesson to be thought about. I can watch this over and over again. It really doesn't lose its rewatch value. Sadly its very difficult to buy all of the seasons for (new series) this show.



10) House m.d.



House cracks me up. He is such a jerk to people but yet a strange genius. This is one that Lorin and I recently started to buy. We enjoy it but it is another of those that the rewatch would be a little dull.



11) Buffy The Vampire Slayer



I have no idea why I like this show. I absolutely hated Buffy herself. I think it was the witty humor and the supporting cast. I loved Xander, Willow, and Giles. I just wanted Buffy to just die off already. Unfortunately you can't really have a show about a character if the main character that the show is named after is DEAD!The funny thing is I have watched this show over and over. It was also the first show you could buy on DVD. So of course I bought all the seasons a long time ago. Joss Whedon...still a genius!
P.S. I also HATED that little brat...Dawn!


12) Angel



Yet again another show I have no idea WHY I liked it. Angel...is douche! The cast was great! Another of Joss Whedon. I like the picture I found of this show shown above. It really says a lot about the main character!



Ok I'm done being a pain in the neck, writing about shows I like and bitching about our crap television. I hope ya'll have a happy halloween. I won't! Little monsters running around begging for candy! What the hell!!!

7 comments:

  1. Used to be a big fan of the newer Outer Limits. Recently I caught a bunch reruns on TV and spotted stars like Mark Hamill and David Hyde Pierce. It’s an odd feeling when you go back to an old program and exclaim “Oh yeah, I know him now!” like you’ve just inserted the final piece of a decade old puzzle you didn’t even know you had started. The intro of that show is legendary.

    Buffy is one of the few characters I had absolutely zero physical attraction towards (a very exclusive list which includes Catherine Janeway and anyone played by Jessica Alba). I agree, the supporting cast were more interesting. My favourite episode ‘The Zeppo’ focuses entirely on Xander.

    Angel was very much the same story. Lorne and Wesley were awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Drake - I thought Lorne and Wesley were awesome. Buffy and Angel to me had a mix of bad and great characters. I didn't like Dawn, Buffy, Cordelia or Riley. Though Willow, Xander and Giles were really cool.

    I could not watch these shows again though.

    NCIS is so awesome to me that I don't mind watching the same episodes over again! The chemistry between the characters never gets old :)

    Must do my own list to see what you think of my tv taste!

    Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drake- Oh yea...Buffy and Janeway! Nothing was there for me either! Now Faith an Fred they were friggin hot! I liked that episode zeppo too! Xander always was funny and a goofball but when it came to wisdom he seemed to say the right things. Example, the season 7 episode where Dawn thinks she might be a potential and at the finds out she is not. Xander gave a great talk to her that I am embarrassed to say made me get all misty-eyed!

    Hazel-Everybody I know seemed to hate Riley. I didn't hate him. I didn't care for him either way. Lorne and Wesley were awesome. I even liked the bad guys better than I did Angel! As for NCIS I absolutely love the show but can't really bring myself to rewatch them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HATE RILEY IN ALL CAPS!!!!!! HATE!

    I think of all our shows, NCIS is my favorite. SO there.

    P.S. We have internets again! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was glad to read the Weeds review, I've always wondered about that show, now maybe i'll rent the seasons at Blockbuster! As for Buffy, here's a fun fact for you (well, it may not be that fun so don't get too excited) but the character of Buffy is considered to be a feminist icon. I know, who knew right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love GLEE and HOUSE is one my faves. :D

    ReplyDelete