Friday, March 11, 2011

The yard of death!

Well we are nearly at an end for the yard of death! Ok. So we have this front yard right? Well it's the ugliest yard in the neighborhood. Seriously! We have had neighbors come to knock on our door to complain. My usual response is "hey I would rather have a working toilet/washer and dryer/refrigerator/stove/etc... than a beautiful yard!" They usually turn their noses up at me and say shit like "well you should do something about it anyways!" Where upon I say things like "oh...are you paying for it?" or "I plan to when money isn't so tight" or "no...really? I just like it looking hideous it gives the house charm!"

Well the days of making up excuses and snarky remarks are nearly at its end. When we moved here the front yard had rocks for the front yard! No grass just a rock yard. Well over the last few years weeds blow in from whereabouts unknown and start to grow through the damn rocks. Ordinarly I wouldn't care and I would just mow the yard regularly so no one could even tell there are weeds there without stopping and looking real close. Well ROCKS! I can't mow rocks. I would have to get a weed eater to do that and a really good one at that because those are just fiesty weeds. Industrial strength weed killer doesn't do much to them!

So that is just a minor description of what our yard has looked like for the last few years. Seeing it...is worse...trust me! Well my mom paid these landscapers to come in and remove the rocks and do a general yard clean up for a very reasonable fee. I guess landscaping work in the winter is hard to come by, so they are doing it "dirt" cheap(hehehe pun was intended)! So tomorrow is supposedly their last day. They just have to finish with the clean up. Most of the rocks are now GONE! I am doing a happy dance right now! I'd show you but I am not that cruel!

So I will keep ya'll up to date on the goings on in my life!

5 comments:

  1. And then we have to buy dirt to fill in the giant tenches that used to be full of rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a saddist and would have loved to see that happy dance! haha. I'm so happy for you that your lawn is no longer the disgrace of the neighborhood! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must be the month for "completely slack and broke people that have horrible yards (and hate yard work)" to clean up their yards.

    Our front yard we cleaned out last week and are finishing it up tomorrow (and possibly the backyard aka the savannah since Will didn't mow it for about 2 months last year before fall and the dead grass is knee deep). Planning to put in a garden in the backyard!

    Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Countess- Yea so we can plant balls!

    Jewels- You needn't worry bout that happy dance if you wish to continue to have your vision. Well now our yard will look like our neighbors across the street who had the same thing done over a year ago and haven't planted grass yet. So we are not alone!

    Courtney- Yes it it is the broke slackers month for landscapers nationwide! I think that is what our discount was called...

    We have some plans but nothing for sure yet just some ideas for what to do. Fortunately now our dogs will have new places to poop since the landscapers cleaned up all of their dumps in the backyard! Yea no more dog shit smell!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just posted pictures of ours. :)

    ReplyDelete