Sunday, March 13, 2011

Planting balls? What?

Well the other day as our yard was in the middle of clean up. Lorin and I were discussing home improvement stuff...like we do! Now let me just warn you, in my old age I am losing my hearing. Mostly I think it's from loud explosions and gunfire from combat of my days spent in the USMC.

Well anyways! Lorin and I were talking about stuff that we should do with the yard. This is how the conversation went:

Lorin: Well in the front yard where the planter area is closest to the house, we should plant BALLS! You know have a little ball garden.
Gary: What did you just say we should plant?
Lorin: Bulbs!?!?!
Gary: Ohhhh...I thought you said something else!
Lorin: Oh really? Like what?
Gary: I could have swore you said we should plant balls, and have a little ball garden.
Lorin:(Looking rather confused)Why the hell would we plant balls?
Gary: I don't know! That's why I asked you to repeat what you said.
Lorin: What the hell is a ball garden?
Gary: Like I said, I don't know. I thought it was a rather strange idea too! Can you imagine it. I am sure there are some idiots out there who would probably think to do something like that.
Lorin: Like what?
This is where my imagination takes over!
Gary: Well think about it. Some colossal moron starts to plant some balls to make more balls. He/she plants a tennis ball, a basketball, a ping pong ball, a baseball, a golf ball or any other kind of ball with hopes of it growing into a lovely tree that produces said balls!
Lorin: (Sarcastically)Yea...'cause that's where balls come from right?
Gary: (Responding sarcastically)Didn't you know? I thought that everybody knew that! You know, ball farmers growing organic balls for peoples entertainment! Can you imagine that?
Lorin: You know some people are really dumb enough to try it.
Gary: Oh I am certain of that. Hey I think I might blog about this.
Lorin: Oh you should definitely blog about our "ball" garden!

So that's the kind of conversations we have late at night! I know I know...we are nutso! But hey we're cute!

Well also, the landscapers are done with the yard. It is now a bare dirt lot in the front and back yard. Yippee! No more rocks! Now we can plant some damn grass. I would much rather mow the yard than to look at a rock yard. So phase 1 of the yard of death is complete!

6 comments:

  1. Brb, goin' to plant some balls...

    On my girlfriend's face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Drake-did you have to go there!?

    I was thinking of an entirely different ball garden...like what does the vet do with all the balls they remove? I'm just saying...

    You should wake up one morning, super early, and tie an assload of balls on your tree and wake Lorin an excited manner to tell her to come see what all your hard work yielded...it'd be hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please don't encourage him. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drake- You're just dirty! I wasn't even talking about those kinds of balls! You just couldn't resist could you?

    Jewels- That's a wonderful idea!

    Courtney- Yes...balls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry Lorin, but saying BALLS in the tone that I'm saying it in is hilarious! :) It's also an inside joke with one of my coworkers for completely unrelated BALLS reasons. It's my phrase of the month really.

    ReplyDelete