Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Cartoons from the 80's and 90's...that "I watched"!

When it came to cartoons, I was all over it! I loved them. When I was a teenager, people would look at me and go...but aren't you too old to watch cartoons? NOPE! There is no age limit on cartoon watching! Although I will say that cartoons today...well...they are really lacking of substance. I just cannot understand what children see in them. I know that makes me sound really old. But the age of great cartoons has sadly passed. This is not just an opinion...it's fact!

Many of the BIG blockbuster movies in the past several years have been taken from cartoons and from comic books that many people had enjoyed as kids. Hollywood has taken those much loved cartoons and turned them into live action movies. Some have been great...and some not soo much!

Just so you know what I am talking about. I am posting the opening intro for cartoons that I liked that started in the 80's and went into the 90's and some that were just in the 90's. Since I have mentioned cartoons from just the 80's in a previous post, those will not be posted in this one. Oh yea and since some of my audience has made mention of "great kids shows" from the 80's and early 90's that were not included in my previous post. I will just mention a few that I watched as a kid and I absolutely loved them: Fraggle Rock, Reading Rainbow(I can't believed they cancelled this recently), Double Dare, Saved by the Bell, Punky Brewster(yes its another girls show that I watched), Pee Wee's Playhouse(yea I know...you don't even have to say anything about this), Video Power(many don't remember this one, it was a kids game show where they played NES games...look it up), Kids Incorporated, Step by Step, Dinosaurs, Captain Power & The Soldiers of The Future, Boy Meets World, Full House, Alf, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers(don't judge me! I liked it because I thought Kimberly the pink ranger was hot), Small Wonder, Where in the World is Carmen San Diego, just to name a few! There were many more but I can't remember them all.

1)The Disney Line-up came on in the afternoons when I got home from school. The shows during this time would move around or sometimes stop air but here they are: Gummi Bears, TaleSpin, Duck Tales, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop, Bonkers and Gargoyles.

















2)Tiny Toons
I used to love this. I watched it weekday afternoons. I was a big fan of Looney Tunes but it seemed like this was for the newer generation of kids.



3)Animaniacs
Gosh I loved this show. We bought the DVD box set and it was funny how much adult humor there was. I always wondered why there was stuff I didn't quite get when I watched as a kid. Now that I am older...I get it.



4)Bobby's World
Howie Mandel...with hair...and it's a mullet! He did the voice for Bobby as well as many other characters back in the day. Its funny how he used the same voice for Gizmo on the Gremlins, Bobby on Bobby's World, and Skeeter & Animal on the Muppet Babies. Nobody seemed to notice!



5)X-Men
This was a great show taken from the Marvel Comic world. Sorry there is no audio, copyright laws and stuff.



6)Captain Planet
He's our hero gonna take pollution down to zero!



7)The Tick
I didn't get to watch it very often. It's one of those shows that I liked and didn't all at the same time.



8)The Simpsons
I watched this for the very first time in December of 1989. It is still going on today, 21 years for a cartoon is quite a long time! Although I don't watch it anymore, I did love it when I was growing up.



9)King of the Hill
This I absolutely found hilarious. Mostly because I am from the deep South. I am Louisiana boy so this show taking place in Texas was very familiar to me. I get the humor and its actually pretty accurate for the deep South! Sorry more copyright issues to consider so its not the actually opening intro just the song.



10)Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
Tomatoes are evil in case you didn't know it!



11)Widget the World Watcher
I used to watch this on my Saturday mornings.



That's all I can think of. I will say that I did not watch any of the MTV shows like: Beavis and Butthead, Ren and Stimpy, Daria, Liquid Television or Aeon Flux. Don't get me wrong I did see some episodes of them, but they were just not my cup of tea!

So I bid you farewell until next time. I think I will post about live action TV shows from the 80's and 90's that I liked, at some point!

5 comments:

  1. Haha again I watched some of these too! Others I have no clue about haha!

    Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel- Oh really. Well its because your a youngster! Just kidding! HEHEHE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a weird little kid: I hated cartoons. As an adult, I detest them even more. I actually get cranky when I see my kids watching the Simpsons! I know, I'm a freak!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh nooooo!
    There is nothing wrong with that. Cartoons are not for everybody. Also with what the Simpsons have made in recent years I would get cranky too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was never allowed to watch the Simpsons!! Apparently they "talk back to their parents." Ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete