Friday, August 6, 2010

The United States Marine Corps


Well I was just looking at stuff on the internet. Particularly on the Marine Corps. Gosh I miss being in! I sometimes look back every now and then and wish I could have stayed in, but I know that everything happens for a reason. Even if it involves crushing your leg, causing you to not continue to do what you loved to do. If I hadn't gotten retired then I never would have met Lorin.

I enjoyed going all around the world for free, blowing stuff up, and pretty much having myself a good ole time doing it. I miss the friendships. I miss the great body I used to have. I don't don't don't miss getting up at 4:30 in the morning to go run around the desert, just to maintain that great body I used to have. I miss very interesting conversations about how you can blow up a tank with balsamic vinegar, duct tape, a platic spoon, fresh squeezed lemon juice, a rubber hammer, a half of a roll of charmin toilet paper, and a stick of cinnamon flavored gum. I miss the wrestling matches we would have at 2am in someone elses barracks. I miss the pranks we would play on the FNGs. I miss a lot. I used to call the Marine Corps my own personal fitness and gun club.
Its funny. Lorin says that I mention her in like every post. Here I am talking about the Marine Corps and I managed to somehow include her in this post. Well what can I say my world pretty much revolves around her.

No comments:

Post a Comment