Sunday, August 29, 2010

Oh me oh my

Tommorrow I start back in school. Yippee. I have got to get up early for my first class that begins at 9am. I have decided to only take 3 classes this semester so I don't overload myself like I did in the spring semester. Monday and Wednesday is Sociology and Math and Tuesday is a Psych class "Human Sexuality". That one sounds like fun. I know school isn't supposed to be fun it should be about learning but I have fun learning...does that make me a nerd? Oh well! My biggest problem is that I have to wait til my payday on the 5th to even buy my textbooks. That sucks. I hate being unprepared. There always seems to be someone in my class that doesn't have their stuff together like textbooks, lab equipment, pens, access to a computer, etc... Well it looks like its going to be me this time around. I hate being broke! I am a bit nervous but that seems like a on-going thing every new semester, so I can now expect it when the next semester rolls around.
I do have to occasionally remind myself that this is how I get what I want. Go to school. Get a good job. Get a little ahead. MONEY. They say that money is the root of evil. Well if you don't have any money does that make you a good person? Hmm! That is something to ponder. I have no intention of being rich. Upper middle-class sure. I miss being in the middle-class. I don't quite think I have fallen out of that class but I am definitely on the lower end of it. Which is just barely above poverty. I don't really like that area much. I am too snobby and sophistocated to associate on that level. I know that sounds horrible but it's true. I don't look down on individuals on poverty level. I just can't really relate to them which makes me feel a little on the outside. I don't think anyone should feel that way. At the same time though, I don't really relate to the rich either. I mean what would I have to talk to them about? My experiences in combat? How I like the sound of a classic american muscle car? How I am horrible at golf? How I really don't care about an Ivy League education verses the University and private college education? The money investments I couldn't afford to make? Yea I know it sounds bad but people do fall into classes. You can always change classes. But I don't think someone should venture into a class that they are not comfortable with.
Wow this sounds like I am ranting and raving again so I will just stop. Oh look at the time. Lorin and I picked up NCIS season 8 and we are blowing right through it like we always do. I think I will get back to our little TV show marathon. That's all folks!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a psych major and took human sexuality. There was LOTS to learn in that class. Mine was taught by an 85 year old pervert and I LOVE HIM to bits.

    Good luck with school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Annah. I am definitely enjoying the class. I am a Nursing Major and this class doesn't exactly fall into classes I have to take but I really wanted to so I have temporarily changed my major to General just so I can take this class and some others that sound great. The MGI Bill is fitting the cost so I might as well take some classes that are fun too.

    ReplyDelete