Friday, February 18, 2011

Ok...ok...I will post something already!

Geez! It has been quite a while since I posted anything as some have stated(Countess and Paige) but well I just honestly haven't been in the mood. It's not that I don't like you guys or anything, it's just that I am busy with my schooling and I really haven't been in the mood to blog.

I have attempted a few times to write and even managed to finish a few of them, but when I reread them my perfectionist streak came out and I never posted them. So alas, that is what is wrong with my little bloggy blog!

So I am in some interesting classes. I managed to skip out of a math class into the next higher math course. Apparently in my old age I have gotten better at math! Who knew! No really! I sucked at math all throughout my years in elementary school and high school. It was always my lowest grade. Now that I am in my 30's math seems to come easier! Hmmmm!

I am taking a Anthropology class. It's a little different but somehow I am yet again the class leader when it comes to discussions. Why do I always have to be the Alpha male? Or Alpha at all? I always seem to be the only one who wants to talk during class discussions. Last semester in the "sex" class I did most of the talking there too! So much that the teacher even said something to me after class. It was a little insulting but I just brushed it off and the following 2 weeks I didn't say a word. I think he noticed that no one wanted to do any talking. So he looks at me and directly asks what I think, just to get somebody talking!

I am in a Humanities class, which is basically a class on history. I LOOOOVE history so this should be a breeze.

Then there is my English class. I had the same teacher in a previous English class, so I know how he teaches and how he grades. Plus I am yet again...the class clown. English comes easy to me so this one should also be easy cheesy!

I also just realized how close I really am to that nursing degree. A few weeks ago I was planning out what classes to take for each semester and then I realized how few classes I actually had left to take. Which is a good thing because that GI Bill money stops January 2014. I know that sounds like a long ways but when I sat down and wrote it down...it really isn't. The GI Bill is only available during the first 10 years your out of the military. Well due to crazy-ass ex-wife I had to put off using it. Now I am finally using it and with very little time left on the clock for my degree. So it's sort of a race against time to get my degree before that money runs out! Wish me luck with that.

Well as I have stated previously my mom is now living with me and Lorin. Well since she has been living in Louisiana for the last several years, I warned her that it was going to be much colder than she has been used to. I explained about all the snow we get being this close to Lake Tahoe. I went on and on... Then...as soon as we arrived, back in January...NO FUCKING SNOW! It apparently all melted. Ok! Not only that but it was warm!?!?!? Huh? What the hell? It has been like fricken Spring for the last month. I guess all those in the Mid-West and North East got all of our damn snow! Seriously? It was shorts wearing weather here. Well low and behold...the snow finally came back! It hasn't stopped snowing for the past two days now. Oy! I forgot how much I hate shoveling the snow off our sidewalks and driveway. See that's what I get for being all pissy about not having any snow.

Well other than that nothing new to report SIR! So I bid you good-day!

4 comments:

  1. That's what you get for not appreciating Mother Nature's gift to you...we've been neck deep in the crap...and the ice...ugh the ice! I'm so over it...luckily the last 2 days we've been in the high 60's! :-) Yay, us!

    Glad to see you back, even if it is brief and to update us on classes. I know how excited I got when I was almost done...and I was always that person the teacher picked on to get things going too...it's not always fun. Kudos on the Math. I'm pretty sure there is no way in hell I've gotten any better at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “I always seem to be the only one who wants to talk during class discussions. Last semester in the "sex" class I did most of the talking there too! So much that the teacher even said something to me after class. It was a little insulting but I just brushed it off and the following 2 weeks I didn't say a word. I think he noticed that no one wanted to do any talking. So he looks at me and directly asks what I think, just to get somebody talking!” – At which point I would have said “Well, well, well, look whose come crawling back.”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jewels-Yea gotta love mother nature for all the ice you get when there is a storm. I am looking outside dreading shoveling that shit!

    I know it's not the most exciting of posts. But really, that's all I've got to blog about for right now! Nothing too exciting going on right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drake-I was actually thinking that in my head. It gave me a sense of power! I even let loose my diabolical laugh(in my mind of course)!

    ReplyDelete